About Johanna

My photo
Chicago/Aurora, IL, United States
I am just like so many busy moms out there. I want to create great meals for me and my family where the food brings us together at the end of a long and hectic day. I want to empower moms to feel like they are able to make Great Everyday Meals by using simple, accessible, and inexpensive ingredients and basic cooking techniques. It’s more about family and less about slaving away in the kitchen cooking. I have been a restaurant industry professional for about 10 years and have a great passion for cooking. I will share tips, recipes and techniques that I have learned to arm everyday cooks with the foundation to simple yet great tasting cooking! Johanna M. Cook
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wanna-Be Cooking Show


Today is little different than previews posts, as I won't be posting a recipe, but simply sharing my experience. The thought of blogging about my experiences for all the world to read was ridiculous to me in the beginning. As I started to find out about people's blog websites (I was mostly interested in cooking/food blogs), I realized that it was actually a great way to share my love of food and cooking to others. When I went on my maternity leave, I thought that blogging about my recipes would be a great way to share, not with the world, but my closest friends and family about my cooking experiences professionally and personally. Plus, it was just the creative outlet I needed while sitting at home just waiting to burst with my third child.

Anyone who's known me, even have just met me recently, will know that I have a great passion for food. It's in my blood. It's therapeutic. It's creative. It's delicious (most of the time). Since I started this blog, more and more people started to become interested in what I was doing, especially mothers. Here I am, a mom of 3 kids, one of who is an infant, working full time and trying my best to manage it all. It's not a far-fetched idea. I'm not the only one doing it, and I know that I've got company. So, as I post each recipe a few times a week, people realize that these are actual meals I am serving to my family. It's not just some production to make fancy food, take pictures and post it on a website. It's real food that I've prepared while the toddler is in the living room watching TV, my 8 year old on the kitchen table asking me about his math problems, and an infant screaming in the background while my husband attempts to calm her down with a bottle of formula. Real life that so many others are living.

Today, this past-time has become very important to me. Now, it's more than just a creative outlet. I want to share with people, especially mother's, that making great food doesn't mean you have to sacrifice time and money. Believe me, I've got a strict budget for both! Feeding my family and friends is important to me. It's how I show them that I love them, and I care. And I want them to taste the love in food I make. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. So, now as I embark on this new journey as Momma Cuisine, I hope that you all can join me in this great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment